The 2022 Branch Discipleship School is currently in session, therefore registration is closed.
Please check back here in June of this year for the 2023 school registration, in the meantime, you can get an idea of what the school is like by reading through the details below!
You were created to live with a heart fully awakened to the glory of God!
You were made to experience a meaningful sense of purpose in your everyday life!
Here’s the good news: the One who made you wants to take you on a journey. A journey of encountering His Presence and the reason for which you exist.
Are you ready to take your next step?
If so, we want to invite you to the Branch Discipleship School, where you can experience a season of consecration, community, and life transformation. More than anything our prayer for you is the same as Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 3:18“And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.”
This school is for all those who are looking to grow in their relationship with Christ, regardless of age, gender, or stage of life. Whether you are single or married, with or without children. Childcare arrangements will be made during classroom sessions for parents with young children.
- Consecration: Embrace a lifestyle of consecration during entire season, including daily devotions, a media fast, required reading, etc.
- Missional: Weekly action steps based upon that week’s teaching.
- Prayer & Fasting: Participate in 21 days of prayer and fasting with Branch Community (April 2022)
- Personal Mentor: A personal mentor will be assigned to you for the entire season.
- Impact Team: Serve on a Branch Community Impact Team (event volunteer).
- Life Group: Lead, co-lead, or participate in a Branch Community Life Group.
- Prayer Room: Prayer lead, worship lead, or participate in the Branch Community Prayer Room on a weekly basis.
- Missions Trip: Participate on a mission trip 1-2 weeks in length. (Haiti or Uganda).
- New Testament (minimum – entire Bible suggested).
- Soul Keeping – John Ortberg.
- Sunday: Life Group or Ministry Night.
- Monday – Thursday: Engage your sphere of influence! (school, workplace, family, community).
- Friday: In class all day – see course syllabus below.
- Saturday: Rest and Recreation – some weeks may include a community outreach.
- Prayer Room: 4 hours per week – either Branch Community Prayer Room or Gateway House of Prayer.
Typical Friday Schedule (8 AM – 4 PM)
(this is an approximate schedule and will flex as needed throughout the school!)
- 8 – 9:30: Teaching
- 9:30 -10:00: Break
- 10:00 – 12:00: Teaching
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1 – 4: Breakout groups and action steps. (plan mission trips, local outreach and service, strategy sessions, etc.)
Upon completion of this course each student will be equipped in the following areas:
- A Biblical worldview shaped by scripture.
- A vibrant, personal, prayer and devotional life.
- Interact with Holy Spirit and move in the gifts of the Spirit.
- The ability to lead and facilitate small groups of people in worship and fellowship.
- The ability to share the gospel and make disciples.
- The ability to impact their sphere of influence through consistent Kingdom witness.
- An understanding of cross-cultural missions’ engagement.
- Personal development in areas of natural and spiritual gifting.
Teaching will be done by a combination of guest speakers and in house speakers.
Week 1: Orientation and Introductions (January 7)
Week 2: The Father Heart of God
Week 3: Your Identity – Christ in You
Week 4: Holy Spirit
Week 5: The Bible – Engaging God’s Word
Week 6: Healing and Transformation
Week 7: Hearing God’s Voice
Week 8: Worship & Prayer
Week 9: Evangelism
Week 10: Great Commission
Week 11: Missions Prep – Cross Cultural
Week 12: Mission Trip (one or two weeks)
Week 13: Mission Trip Return and Debrief
Week 14: Biblical Worldview
Week 15: Discipleship – Making an Impact
Week 16: Celebration and Graduation (April 17 – 23)
Week 17: Optional prayer strike trip
Timeline: January 7 – April 22
Cost: $300 + missions trip cost (TBD)
School Leader: Dave Smucker